Monday, May 4, 2009

Embarrassing albums: What are your most shameful musical secrets?

Read the following article and then add to the list below!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/05/embarrassing-al.html?cnn=yes

Here are the 5 most embarrassing albums I've owned (to date, anyway):

1. Styx - Paradise Theater - Becky Burrows gave this to me for my birthday in 6th grade
2. Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hits - I purchased this in high school and my girlfriends and I used to belt out "Lucille" and "You Were a Good Friend" as we cruised around town in my super-cool Colt Vista.
3. New Edition - New Edition - I had this on tape. And I still know all the lyrics to "Cool It Now."
4. Wham! - Make It Big - Who didn't love "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go"?
5. Huey Lewis and the News - Sports

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to answer this, because after reading that article, I don't know who is supposed to considered good. I LOVE Linkin' Park, but they were on someone's list of embarrassing albums, as were Sum 41, Smashmouth, and a host of other bands that I like. I guess you could say my whole musical taste is embarrassing.

    But maybe these were the worst

    1) Cher--I loved her crazy clothes and her music.

    2) Duran Duran-- I can still sing along to practically every song they ever wrote, but I don't think I ever owned an album. It's really hard to travel with albums, and I lived abroad during the whole 80s.

    3) Crowded House--and I still love them despite Tim making fun of me.

    4) Jim Croce--sentimental crap, but I loved it, and a couple of months ago, I heard the operator song and it still made me want to cry.

    5) KISS and Thin Lizzy from the past, and more recently, Chris Daughtry and David Cook from American Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought some of the choices in the article were kind of strange too, but I guess it's all in the eye (ear?) of the beholder (listener?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. musical soundtrack to 1776

    2. enya

    3. jackson 5 greatest hits

    4. fleetwood mac

    5. a mixed cd of the greatest hits of the 80's

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of musical soundtracks (Lauren's 1776), have you all heard the soundtrack to the movie Stick It. That is a great soundtrack, which maybe in a few years, I'll be embarrassed to admit, but for now, I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete