Sunday, June 21, 2009

Your Thoughts on the Perfect Wine Bar


Not sure I have told anyone here but Linda, but I am starting a new company. And now, as a part of that endeavor, it looks like I'll be running an evening wine bar on a nice little street with restaurants and other eating places. So, my question to you fabulous ladies is-- if you wanted to go out for a nice glass of wine or cocktail and enjoy it in a good atmosphere- what would you be looking for? What makes you happy in that kind of spot? What is the feeling you want to come away with? Thanks in advance for your ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, Lauren, I'm a townie bar kind of girl and can't help you much. My friends, though, are much more sophisticated than I, so hopefully they will give you some good ideas.

    I'm so happy you put this post up. I was worried that I had killed the blog with my sad depressing story.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are things I'd like to see:

    --A range of seating options - table seating, as well as comfy chairs and couches; indoor and outdoor seating with heat lamps so you can continue to sit outside well into the fall

    --A small selection of food - not necessarily a full menu - breads, cheeses, spreads, desserts, maybe some tapas

    --Good music, sometimes live, sometimes not

    --A wine list with a wide price range - too often wine bars only have the top-of-the-line stuff - there's a place in Annapolis that I love but you can't get a glass for under $15. Consequently, I only go there every now and again and never really spend a long time

    --Occasional tasting events

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps some wine tasting/educational evenings? Mind you I'd go for that because I know nothing about wine - I'd like to though!

    I'm with Tricia on the small selection of food, especially if you pair a wine with a nice dessert (I hear that's done or am I just making that up?)

    I also think it would be very cool if you hosted a book club night, maybe once a month, let people know a month in advance what book to read and then have a disucssion about it while sipping lots and lots of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the super ideas! I'll update you more as we go along.

    ReplyDelete